Wednesday, January 1, 2014

én - op. 80530




The op. 80530 compact disc album by the Hungarian electronic musician, én along with an accompanying 12" of remixes by James Cargill, Jonathan Coleclough, Andrew Liles, Colin Potter and Sculpture should be available by the end of this month. Both these ventures into drone territory are on my Peripheral Conserve label. The catalogue numbers for the compact disc original album and 12" vinyl remixes, (which will be sold separately) are pH-20 and pH-21. Front cover and disc artwork, (featured here) is by Julian House. The compact disc also features inner artwork by Miki Hauser. 300 copies of each release with distribution through Essential Music. The compact discs are ready, but had the artwork printed inside out, so these won't come shrink-wrapped. The vinyl will be available once download codes are put in.

én is otherwise known as Pál Tóth who played Massimo in Berberian Sound Studio.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Peter,

    How would I go about purchasing a copy? (apologies for the obvious question)

    Thanks
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Adam,

      Perfectly reasonable question. Hard to say which shops will sell it, but usually Rough Trade (www.roughtrade.com) stock our records. Also, www.normanrecords.com. If you're in the States, it's hard to say at this stage, but www.boomkat.com might be a good bet. I'll put something up when it comes out. Many thanks.

      Delete
  2. Dear Peter,

    I would love to get in touch regarding Berbarian Sound Studio. I am a curator at EMPAC (www.empac.rpi.edu) in upstate New York, and am currently researching the history of foley and sound effects artists, particularly in the first half of the twentieth century (Ora Diagle Nichols, et al). It is a rather unwieldy and wide-ranging research project at the moment, but will eventually be resolved as a book and a series of screenings, talks and new commissions.

    Do let me know if you are interested in discussing this further. My email is brookv(at)rpi.edu

    All best, Victoria Brooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter... still want to chat man. I know my reps discussed with your agent... not sure where you're at with the material. I think you're perfect to direct it. Email me. Killtheprotag@gmail.com

    The book I adapted is now up for a Stoker Award...

    ReplyDelete